Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Starburst Mirror...

I have fallen in love with the look of the starburst mirrors that are out there.  What I couldn't fall in love with was the price tag!  There are some that are around $400, totally not in my budget.  But I read on Dollar Store Crafts how she made her mirror here...so I had to make my own...and here it is!
I really wish that the camera would do this justice.  But for the starburst I used bamboo skewers and wooden dowels that I got from Joann's, I also got the middle mirror which I think was a 4 inch mirror and the only smaller mirrors that they had were the 3/4 inch mirrors from Joann's.  I was pretty upset because they only had the one smaller size and I had wanted to start the mirror the next day.  So I ran over to the Dollar Tree and found the rocks that they put in the bottom of vases, you know the decorative ones with the flat bottoms.  They turned out really cute.  I painted the skewers with silver metallic paint and then I hot glued it all together, using a piece of round cardboard for the middle to glue all of the skewers to.  I love it, I think that I am going to make a few more and have the hallway of staburst mirrors!

No comments:

Post a Comment